Welcome to the blog OliRic Production's Richard Mclachlan, charting the evolution of the opening to the new feature film Acts of Repulsion, jointly produced with Oli Preston, click here to view his youtube account. You'll be able to see the final cut on my youtube channel, click here to view my youtube account, as well as various short videos and podcasts right here on this blog! Enjoy, and please feel free to comment/add suggestions!



Wednesday 16 March 2011

Evaluation - Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
The technologies that I have learnt from this process are how to create, set up and use a blog for coursework and general use. It has allowed me to inform people on what we have produced as well as seeing what our classmates have produced. The comment space on the blog has also been useful because I have been able to retrieve feedback on my work. This is the first time I have ever used a website like this and I have found it useful for publishing coursework on.

The Internet Movie Database logo
Another helpful technology was the internet. This helped because I could find out about new feature films released or in development on the website internet movie database (imdb). The Guardian website has been useful for research as well because every Friday it has a section on media.




As well as this, I have also uploaded videos onto YouTube, again a thing I have never done. I have found this useful to receive feedback from people across the world as well as to link it onto Facebook to gain feedback from friends. By receiving feedback we have been able to and incorporate it into the product to produce a better quality product. As well as using YouTube and Facebook to publish work on the internet I have also use sites such as Scridb and Divshare. I have found these two websites incredibly useful. Scridb has been useful because it allows Microsoft Word documents to be uploaded to blogs. Divshare has enabled me to upload the podcasts.
LiveType Logo

iMovie Logo
By doing this coursework mainly on Macintosh Computers I have been able to use programs I have never been able to use on a PC. By using the Macs I have been able to use programs including iMovie and LiveType. We used iMovie for uploading and editing our media project and improve it after receiving feedback. We used LiveType for creating the idents.

Another program I have used for the first time is Sony Vegas Movie Studio. I have been using this at home when I have not had access to the Macs. I used the program for editing the first two evaluation questions as well as editing a few clips that I personally recorded for the project including a lighting test and the walking cemetery scene (below).



I have used two camcorders to film the project which use different technologies. A Canon mini dv camcorder using tapes was used for the internal shots. A Sony Handycam DCR-SR32 Hard Disc Drive Camcorder was used for the external footage. Using the Sony and filming handheld on autofocus produced the blurring/focusing effect which was more atmospheric than filming with a tripod and using zoom for the cemetery scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure comments are appropriate.